Friday, December 01, 2006

another long, but good day

I was gone all day teaching, observing, and Triple 7-ing. I got home around 10 and for the first time in...uhhh, maybe never...I didn't have any prep or grading to do...for tomorrow's class anyways. So I played around on my guitar for awhile and caught up with a couple friends, emails, and blogs. Now, I want to sleep...because I can and it's not 2...or 3...or 4am yet! But first (for Leah's sake ;), let me note a few highlights from today.
  1. I accidentally discovered Dad had no lunch plans, so we both dropped everything for a quick, unexpected lunch date. Always a blessing.
  2. I finally have time (2 weeks before the end of the semester!) to observe some of the full-time teachers and try to learn some new tricks. I got to observe/participate in two classes today, both of which I'll be teaching soon. I learned things in both, and even got a few laughs.
  3. Somehow, I've become popular amongst the students of one of the classes I'm observing, so the teacher and I stuck around for awhile after class chatting with some of our faithful fans. It was fun, and I even learned more about grammar in the process! Did I ever mention that I love foreigners!? When it all comes down, I love that I get to spend my time with them everyday. What a blessing.
  4. 777. What is Triple 7, you ask? It started as a group of crazy guys, and now, there is also a group of crazy girls, and they're all learning to lay down everything to live for their Savior. Pretty awesome stuff. Bonnie just had to ask once and now, I get to spend every Thursday hanging with a handful of these women, and they're even willing to suffer through my guitar playing! I feel blessed and refreshed every week. I am so thankful that God lets me love on those women, be a part of their lives, and learn from them.
So now, it's almost 1am, an hour earlier than my normal bedtime, and I'm fixin' to hit the sack (sorry, got a spurt of southern flowin' through me!). I hope you all are having a great week. I'm looking forward to an awesome Friday. I hope my eyes are open to what He wants me to see tomorrow.

Much love! Peace.

No comments: