Wednesday, December 06, 2006

what are you filling your mind with?

Ok, I got this from Mike Lovato's blog. There's some real insight into our realities, huh!?

The rules are:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

This is sad. I've got all kinds of cool books within two feet, but sitting next to me on my desk is my new project: "Grammar Dimensions - Form, Meaning, and Use." Yes, I'm teaching the Verb Tense class in January, and I've got a lot to learn! Anyways, here goes...
Examples: My friend suggested that I drop out of school and work for a while. I'm not sure what I think about such an advice.
Correction: I'm not sure what I think about such advice.
(Advice is a noncount noun, so no article is used.)
Sorry, Chris, "English Grammar for the Utterly Confused" was just a little further away. And to think, we could have learned about fragment sentences!

No comments: