Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ministry spotlight ~ rob & leah

Hey there, troopers! You might think I've been avoiding you, but in actuality, I have been attempting to be intentionally disciplined and purposeful. I've been striving to spend quality time with God and finish my work before playing on the computer, so please bare with me as I work out the kinks (it is not at all natural for me!).

I have some exciting missions news. Some friends, Rob & Leah, are on a plane as we speak (or perhaps they've arrived) to the Middle East on a quest to bring love and encouragement from Sandals Church to a couple of our brothers and sisters who are serving there (Derek and the Georges). They also intend to capture the lives of those individuals and the people they love and serve on film in order to bring their lives back to us in a vivid way. I'm excited! They will probably have updates and pictures on their blogs as they travel. I hope you will keep up with their journeys and pray for them along with me as they go. Leah asked that we pray for the following:
  1. Safety
  2. Peace as we travel in our own hearts and minds
  3. That we would be such a blessing and refreshment to our precious brothers and sisters
  4. That God would impact our lives in huge ways with this trip, and show us his will regarding us and missions
  5. That this would be so much more than just a fun trip
  6. That God would inspire us with ideas, stories, and creativity for our coffee table books (this is their plan for the photos)
Photo courtesy of kimmysun.

No comments: