Sunday, June 03, 2007

waving goodbye to Spring 07

I got this email from one of my ESL students on Friday (font not changed for the purposes of this picture!!!). Check out the subject too! At that point, we had only missed ONE CLASS!! I will give my last final for the semester on Wednesday. I realized Friday that I'm really going to miss my students. I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to teach them and learn from them over the last four months.


I pray that they learned more than English. ...that they increased their confidence, that they learned to work more effectively with others, that they learned to ask good questions, that they realized that each of them matters, that they learned that their voice (spoken or written) has power when they use it the right way...and so much more... I hope that each of them has been challenged and that when they look back, they will see that, in some way, they are not the same. I know that is true for some; I pray it for the others as well.

No comments: